Duck Parfait – Duck Rillette
Duck Parfait – Duck Rillette – Watercress – Truffle Aioli, Grape, Apricot
Duck Legs – 4 Large
Duck Fat – 20 grams
Pink Pepper Corns – 5 grams
Maldon Sea Salt – 5 grams
Prunes – 5 grams
Dried Morels– 5 grams
Mixed Peppercorns Green, Pink, White – 2 grams
Duck Liver – 100 grams
Butter – 25 grams
Cognac – 10 grams
Chopped Garlic – 5 grams
Chopped Onion – 5 grams
Baby Spinach– 10 grams
Red Grapes– 3 grams
Dried Apricot – 3 grams
- Using a thick bottom pan – melt the duck fat, season the duck legs with salt, pepper, add the duck legs to the duck fat add the prunes and simmer slowly for up to 2 hours.
- When cooked allow to cool down, remove the duck and prunes from the fat and pick off all the duck meat from the bones, using a food processor blend gently the duck mix until shredded slightly.
- Using a pan roast the morels and mixed peppercorns until dry and grind to a fine dust in a coffee bean grinder.
- Using a thick bottom pan – melt the butter and add the chopped garlic and onion. Add the duck liver and cook gently until medium rare, flame with the cognac and remove from the heat.
- Add to a blender and blend until smooth, strain from a fine strainer and set aside to cool down and set.
- To wrap the parfait in the rillette- place an even square of foil on a table , place the duck rillette mix on top and make a perfect square, place the set parfait in the middle and roll into a Swiss roll shape. Place in the fridge to set, when set remove the foil and roll it in the mushroom pepper mixture to create a nice crust. Roll in cling wrap until ready to slice and serve.
- Cut the spinach into thick shreds and deep – fry until crispy.
- Slice the grapes, dice the apricots, using a squeeze bottle arrange nicely perfect dots of the truffle aioli. Arrange the grapes and apricots well and place the crispy spinach in the middle of a plate and cut a thick slice of the duck rillette and duck liver parfait and serve.