Garlic Parmesan Hand Cut French Fries
Russet Potatoes – 1 pound (About 3 Medium Potatoes)
(Cut In Thin Matchsticks)
Canola Oil, Divided – 2 tbsp
Cloves Garlic, Peeled, Minced – 2
Garlic Powder – 1 tsp
Kosher Salt – 1 tsp
Fresh Parsley, Chopped – 2 tbsp
Grated Parmesan Cheese – 1/4 cup
- Soak raw fries in cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch. After 30 minutes, strain fries and pat completely dry. The drier the fries, the better they will crisp.
- Place fries and 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- Insert crisper plate in basket and basket in unit. Preheat the unit by selecting AIR FRY, setting temperature to 360°F, and setting time to 3 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- Once the unit is preheated, place fries on a crisper plate; reinsert basket.
- Select AIR FRY, set temperature to 360°F, and set time to 26 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin cooking.
- After 12 minutes, remove basket and shake fries or toss them with silicone-tipped tongs. Reinsert basket to resume cooking.
- While fries are cooking, in a large mixing bowl, combine remaining canola oil, minced garlic, garlic powder, salt, parsley, and Parmesan.
- Check fries after 24 minutes. For crispier fries, continue cooking up to 2 more minutes.
- When cooking is complete, toss fries in a bowl with Garlic-Parmesan mix and serve immediately.