Ranch dressing is an American salad dressing usually made from buttermilk, salt, garlic, onion, mustard, herbs (commonly chives, parsley and dill), and spices (commonly pepper, paprika and ground mustard seed) mixed into a sauce based on mayonnaise or another oil emulsion. Sour cream and yogurt are sometimes used in addition to, or as a substitute for, buttermilk and mayonnaise.
Sour Cream – 100 grams
Full Fat Yogurt – 25 grams
Finely Chopped Dill Weed- 10 grams
Finely Chopped Parsley- 10 grams
Finely Chopped Chives- 10 grams
Maldon sea salt
Finely Ground Black Pepper
- Whisk together the mayo, sour cream and yogurt until smooth.
- Add the fresh herbs, onion and garlic and whisk until combined.
- Add the lemon, salt and pepper to taste and whisk again.
- Pour into a jar and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This dressing will keep nicely in the refrigerator for up to a week.