Spicy Chicken Wings Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Buffalo Chicken Wings:
Chicken Wings – 2 lbs
All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
Canola Oil or Your Favorite Oil – 2 cups
Salt & Black Pepper
- Wash all of the chicken wings, then on a cutting board, cut the wings into 2 pieces.
- Pat dry all wing pieces you will be using.
- Season your flour with salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper) and dredge chicken wings in the seasoned flour.
- Preheat oil in a large skillet to fry your wings.
- Place wings in hot oil and fry for about 4-5 minutes, then turn them over and cook the other side for about the same time. (You want the wings to get crispy and have a good colour).
- Remove the cooked wings to paper towels to drain.
- Place the cooked wings in a large bowl with your buffalo sauce and toss them to get a good even coating of buffalo sauce on the wings.
- Serve and enjoy!
Buffalo Wing Sauce:
Buffalo Wing Sauce or Hot Sauce of Your Choice – 12 oz
Unsalted Butter – 1 1/2 Sticks ( 6 oz )
Honey – 3 oz
- In a saucepan melt, the butter then add the honey and turn off the heat.
- Add in hot sauce and use a wire whip blend until fully incorporated into the butter/honey mixture.
- You can heat this sauce if you want it hotter, but at this temperature, the sauce will cling really well to the chicken wings. If you let the sauce get to hot it will break and separate into an oily mess!
- Set aside sauce until ready to coat wings.
Hot Pepper Sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot®️) – ⅔ cup
Cold Unsalted Butter - ½ cup
White Vinegar - 1 ½ tbsp
Worcestershire Sauce – ¼ tsp
Cayenne Pepper – ¼ tsp
Garlic Powder – ⅛ tsp
Salt to taste
- Combine the hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a pot and place over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk.
- As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from heat, stir with the whisk, and set aside for use.